Saturday, January 11, 2014

It was a nice day

I just have a small Kodak digital camera so this sunset isn't as gorgeous here as it was in "real life" a few days ago.
We had a few days of cold, cloudy, misty, and dreary weather. Most of us were stuck indoors--okay--by choice since most of us don't do cold weather.
In early afternoon the sky suddenly cleared and temperatures rose to barely tolerable. I bundled up, put on my cross trainers and hit the sidewalk. Other walkers joined me.
We scurried back and forth and around the streets like ants on a mission. Smiles were contagious and we greeted each other with how good it was to be outdoors. Later the sun did this to the evening sky. It was one of those nice days you get during winter that help you get through the rest of the months.

 I hope you are getting some nice days especially if you are buried under snow and ice.

8 comments:

  1. Cathie, that is a glorious sunset! Hope you're staying warm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea, I hope you are staying warm with all that snow :). Cold or not I bet it is beautiful where you live!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I'm sure it was amazing in person. I'll be venturing out soon to go to work, and it looks like the sun is shining here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leandra, that is so great! We had a really nice day Saturday so I got out there and raked leaves. Of course I ooched and ouched in church, my muscles are sore!

      Delete
  4. This is a gorgeous photo. I love how you captured it through the trees. We've had sunshine but it's still chilly to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you got a nice photo to remember the day by. I should put on my cross trainers and walk--but it's icy out there right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Definitely don't walk on the ice, JoLynne!

      Delete