Wednesday, March 13, 2013



 

Just received the Liebster award from Elizabeth Varadan's Fourth Wish blog. Thank you, Elizabeth! I'll get right on those rules as soon as possible!

The first of the rules are completed: thank the person and link back to them. (check) Now I have to answer 11 questions from Elizabeth. (check)

Here's My List of Answered Questions from Elizabeth:
1. Who is your favorite artist?
 Alexander Calder

2. Favorite author?
Willo Davis Roberts

3. Have you ever interviewed someone? If so, who? and about what?
My favorite interview was with my veterinarian when I was twelve for a career lesson J

4. What is your favorite genre in literature?

Mystery/Suspense

5. Do you speak any languages other than English?

Does Pig Latin count?

6. If you were 19, what career would you choose—the one you did choose, or another?

 I would choose writing as a career.

7. Which deceased author would you most like to meet, and why?

William Faulkner because I’d like to know him personally so I could see how much of him was actually in his work.

8. Which living author would you most like to meet, and why?

Janet Evanovich – I think her humor must be a part of her daily life and I'd love to experience that humor for just one day.

9. What is number one on your bucket list?

I don’t have one—maybe that should be number one. Create a bucket list.

10. Do you believe in Hobbits?

No, I believe in muggles though…

11. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Lithuania

Now I'm supposed to make up eleven questions for those that I award, (check) and then list 11 random facts about me. (check)
 
My questions will be about writing:
 1. What is the working title of your WIP?
 2. What is the genre?
 3. When did you first want to be a writer?
 4. When did you take writing seriously?
 5. Describe your writing room/area or upload a picture.
 6. What writer/writers influenced your writing?
 7. Are you published? If so share with us.
 8. Do you work in a variety of genres or just one?
 9. If you could be mentored by one successful writer, who would that be?
10. Who is your favorite author?
11. Which book do you remember reacting emotionally to as a child?
Eleven facts about me: I'm a visual artist, I write fiction, I'm a great-aunt who acts her shoe size instead of her age when she's playing with the kids, I love the outdoors and I can steer an outboard motor on a John boat. 
 I have a look that can silence a room full of recalcitrant students, I feed a neighborhood Tom that spits at me but shows up three times a day expecting his meals to be served on time, and I love to garden but since the long term drought hit Texas I just try to save my lawn and shrubs.
Andy Griffith Show reruns make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, I'm at the age where I don't watch the news unless absolutely necessary, it's too depressing, and I haven't made up my mind what I'll be when I grow up.
And now I'm supposed to choose 11 blogs with 200 followers or less and present them the Liebster Award. This is a daunting task.

After going through all this I decided to google Liebster Awards because this seems to be very involved and laborious. I found that the original award has been changed from thanking the nominator and sending it to 3-5 blogs to the 11,11,11 rules. I'm not sure why the rules have morphed.

 I think getting an award should be fun. So I've decided to ammend the rules for my chosen recipients:

Rule 1: Thank the nominator and link back to that blog.
Rule 2: The questions to be answered and asked and facts about yourself is a way to introduce yourself to your readers. It is totally optional how you do this, if at all.
Rule 3:  List as many recipients as you wish to nominate.

I've chosen 5 well-deserved recipients:


Cynthia @ Random Thoughts
Jenn Soehnlin @ Jenn Musing
Linda Jackson @ Writers DoLaundry, Too
Faith E. Hough @ Faith E. Hough
Jody Su Tharan @ 52 Weeks

 

 

 
 
 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for the award, Catherine. I enjoyed reading your answers. I think I act my shoe size more than I act my age a lot too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Linda, I don't always comment but I love your blog :)

      Delete
  2. Hi, Catherine, I certainly enjoyed reading your answers! And your questions are wonderful! I'll be interested in how your recipients answer those. Good for you to change the rules to suit yourself! They look a little more fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your questions and answers also, and I actually had fun thinking up the facts about myself! But it seems that the awards get more and more lengthy and it took me a couple of hours. Out of curiousity I decided to google the award and found a lot of recipients had googled the award and wound up modifying them for their recipients. All of those mentioned the original rules. The actual first rule was send to 3-5 people who have under 3000 followers :) It was to help them get more followers.
      I knew you wouldn't mind but since I accepted the award I followed the first few rules but decided to modify for the next person and cut the list to five.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the award!! I enjoyed reading your responses! I posted my own, but decided not to pass the award on to anyone. I know, ruining all the fun. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, and No, you didn't ruin anything :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the award! I will try to fit this in at some point..it may take awhile but I wanted you to know I really appreciate the award and how it helps us connect in the writerly ethers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading more about you! I love your answer to #10. :)

    ReplyDelete