Friday, March 1, 2013

"I love it when a plan comes together."



For those of you who are old enough to remember, these words were spoken by Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith, i.e. by actor George Peppard from the TV series The A Team.

For the last few days my housework has suffered as I work on this new project. Dust has cast a white sheen over everything, little dust bunnies roll around the floor, and the laundry hamper is full. And I don't care.

After researching romance novels, I sat in front of the computer on Monday and the novel took off. It seems to have a life of its own and all I have to do is type as fast as I think. Everything is working like it's supposed to.

Yep, I love it when a plan comes together.

14 comments:

  1. You go, girl! My theory about dust is that's it's a protective covering for furniture. Don't you agree?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going with that if anyone comes over and turns their nose up at my housekeeping :)

      Delete
  2. Good for you! Glad your project is taking off. There is nothing like that feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe, I remember that quote :) And how fun for you that it is all coming together! I'm surprised you even took off time to post about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did the right thing. Researched, familiarized and open the floodgates for your writer's imagination. Glad your plan came together. You can dust the bunnies away any time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love it when that happens! I'm so happy for you. And definitely the other stuff does NOT matter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats - glad it's going! Don't worry about the dust, it can wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't, Krista, it's Sunday and it's still there :)

      Delete
  7. I LOVE it when that happens! Forget those dust bunnies for now...though I do wish that they were dust mules instead, so they wouldn't reproduce so quickly :)

    ReplyDelete