Tuesday, February 12, 2013


As a devout e-book reader, one of the first things I do each week is search the free kindle books for the day. I was really happy that these were available, but never really thought about why there are so many free ones up for just one day. So when Susan Kaye Quinn posted a great blog article entitled FREE Books: Bane or Boon? , I wanted to be sure and mention it. Head over there for some good information on a well done post.

On a side note, the free books offered to get more readers worked for me. I've discovered some really good authors I had never heard of before and put them on my must read list.

(I've also found some really not-so-good authors, too, but that's another article).



4 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy!

    I like your idea of searching each week for free books - I should do that. :)

    I liked Susan's article - and agree that it's a great marketing strategy to give some away for free. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kimberly! So glad to see you back. Do check the freebies, sometimes there's a treasure to be found :)

      Delete
  2. I'm still reading paperbacks but the free giveaway enticed me to get a kindle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it! I was very hesitant to use mine and the majority of my books were print. Now the majority of my books are e-books and I've built quite a cyber library!

      Delete