Sunday, November 4, 2012

Hope everyone had a good Halloween and enjoying nice weather this beautiful November 4th. Makes me feel guilty after watching the news and the devastation in the northeast to have my world doing just fine.

A slight cool front came through around two in the morning bringing a little thunderstorm and nice rains. I got up early, according to my clock and didn't find out until later when the morning light came too early that I hadn't turned my clocks back. So glad I didn't just shrug at the sunrise and go on not bothering to think about it. It would have been embarrassing to arrive at church when it was over.

I chose not to participate in NaNo this year, but I am working on a new novel and was able to get a chapter completed and edited. Twice I participated and the pace is grueling, especially not being able to let my inner editor loose when it's screaming at me. I won once and quit the next time. So, I'm happily hitting the computer keys every day this month and whatever the word count winds up to be, I will be happy. I don't want to do a NaNo contest because, personally for me, I like to follow the rules and doing that I wind up with a manuscript not worth editing. This winner wound up tossing fifty-thousand words of junk. I kept the idea and will run with it later.

Those of you who are doing NaNo I wish you lots and lots of good luck and winning with a workable manuscript! Many writers do this and I applaud them! I do miss the social aspects with other writers. That part is fun!

6 comments:

  1. I forgot to turn back my clocks at first too :) I'll also be cheering for NaNoers from the sidelines~ the pace is too much for me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you wouldn't have been the only one who didn't make it to church at quite the right time on Sunday! The time change always messes us up, whether we're setting our clocks forward or back. No NaNoWriMo for me this month, either, though it's been fun to feel the energy from everyone else who is doing it. It's helping to spur on my revisions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The time change always messes me up, too. Especially my body clock :)

      Delete
  3. Hi, Catherine,
    I started NaNa this time, and I'm so behind. I share your frustration at not allowing the inner editor do its work. I decided to participate because I thought it would get me moving on my Book Two of an MG mystery series, but I'm so frustrated that I may just prod myself to write the book my usual way.

    Good luck with your own new book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand :) At least it did get you working on it and that's the plus side. I still hope you finish it this month working it your usual way.

      As for me, I'm still working on my WIP but only have 5,000 words but three really good chapters. I'm using the spirit of NaNo to make me work every day, even if it is only editing and re-editing the previous day's work.

      Delete