Saturday, September 8, 2012

Seems like I'm not the only one not blogging regularly and that makes me feel a little better about being absent from the blogging world.
My excuse, and it's not a good one, is that I've been revising the rough draft of a YA suspense/ thriller while waiting for revision suggestions for my contracted novel.
The publishing world has taught me to wait and wait some more for things to happen. Patience is not my strongest virtue so I've learned to cut the anxiety level by immersing my mind in another project.
The other day I became so immersed in the new project I scared myself. That's okay, I told myself, this is a good sign for a future reader, but lesson learned.
No more writing in the dark of night until this one is complete. (my antagonist is a night prowler getting into the house while everyone sleeps)


10 comments:

  1. No excuses here. Okay, some. Finishing up some drafts of articles. Keeping up with my student's work. Working on spiffing up the house. And just enjoying the end of summer...

    Great news about the revision on the contracted novel! I love when writing pulls you in and you get so caught up in it--that IS a good sign :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are very busy. We enjoyed a slight cool front this morning, it was nice and the afternoon temp has dropped to the mid 90's with very little humidity. I actually ventured out this morning and did no writing at all :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. It can be such a pull/push this writing thing. I have a hard time remembering sometimes that I blog in order to help my writing, but then, when I'm writing and not blogging I feel guilty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly how I feel, Liza! I'll try to do better this fall to keep up with the blogging.

      Delete
  4. Your excuse is a very good one. You're writing! And the writing really does have to come first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow, that sounds like a great reason to me! Your newest story sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kimberly, it's coming along :) Hope your husband is recovering nicely, we're all still praying for him.

      Delete
  6. Well, I have to say, this sounds like a positively good enough reason to put the blog on hold for a while! Well done with all the writing etc :) Sounds like a productive time for you, which is wonderful. My excuse for neglecting my blog, seems a silly one now. It's all down to concentration (during the day my 3 year old sends me nutty, I am sure he is going to be a narrator one day!!) and by the time he has gone to bed, I am completely wiped out, or trying to research all things I need to know to go self employed etc. I am not getting very far with the latter due to be tired from the former!!

    Hopefully we will all be able to add a bit more blogging into our lives again, I always feel calm after reading some lovely and down to earth writings. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three year old? And you are exhausted and can't blog? I do NOT have a good excuse after reading this :) Wishing you luck in accomplishing everything you are trying to do.

    ReplyDelete