Monday, September 3, 2012

Happy Labor Day! Makes for such a nice long weekend before the kiddies go back to school. Now it seems it is their second or third week, I remember when it was my first week.
We spent Labor Day evening arranging and rearranging our school supplies. Remember all that clean, new paper in the looseleaf notebook? The unsharpened pencils? The feeling of eagerness to get started? By the third day the newness was all gone and those nine months before summer vacation seemed endless.

6 comments:

  1. I LOVED shopping for school supplies. Especially new Sheaffer fountain pen ink--peacock blue! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too! I loved it when they "invented" those pop-in cartridges. I remember having to fill my ink pen from an ink bottle! Kids don't know the joy (?) of getting ink all over your fingers that held the pen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy (belated) Labor Day to you, too! I still have that 'new stationery' feeling about September, and often find myself staring at new pencils and notebooks around this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Jayne, hope you are having a wonderful holiday!

      Delete
  4. I ALWAYS love new stationery, pencils, paper, notebooks at any time of year. I'm hopelessly hooked. Hope you did have a good Labor Day week-end and that the writing is going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny that you say that, I'm so guilty of stopping by the "office" shelves and wanting to buy something new. I know I've got four notebooks right now waiting for me to fill them :)

      Delete