Sunday, April 1, 2012

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins


Having finished the first two books, I'm dragging my feet reading Mockingjay. Why? I don't want it to end!!!! I love the characters. They've become almost friends and my heart has been broken once which has put me in a nail chewing alert. 
                                                                                     
The one thing that I feel would have made things better is that the three books should have been one polished book instead of a series. At times I feel that parts of the books are just filler and I get impatient with those parts, but that's just me. And my only criticism!

For readers who want action, blood and guts,heart tugging moments, struggles between good versus evil, and kids that are amazing, this series meets those needs and much more.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy,

    My son has just started Mockingjay, too. I thought the second book, Catching Fire, had too much backstory, but loved the book when it finally took off. I like that this is a series because it lasts longer. Enjoy the read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the same way ab out Catching Fire, maybe that's why it felt like it needed tightening BUT I kept turning those pages :)

      Delete
  2. I didn't want it to end either. But now we've got the movies to look forward to. Did you see the movie? It was great and pretty darn true to the first book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the movie, yet. It was all the excitement about the movie that made me realize I had been missing something and bought the books.

      Delete
  3. I must be one of the very few who hasn't read these books. But it sounds like I'm really missing something here...:-) Guess I'd better get moving on them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenda, you won't be sorry :) At least read the first one, then you'll know whether to keep reading the whole series.

      Delete
  4. I didn't want it to end either! I thought that parts of it dragged a little too, the beginning of the first one was a little difficult for me to get into, but now I love them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. Even with the dragging, they were page turners :)

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed the first 2 books too!--and the movie. I never read MOCKINGJAY because I heard the ending wasn't satisfactory. I'm not really a fan of series anyway. Whatever happened to standalone books? Seems everything is a series these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mockingjay was a little predictable in some areas, in others it was exciting, but it did make me feel a little let down. As to your comment on series--I sooooo agree!

    ReplyDelete