Monday, April 30, 2012

May Hiatus


I haven't been posting regularly so I'm going to finally admit I am up to my ears in writing and home projects. I've decided to take a May hiatus and...

1) Revise a novel for the umpteenth time getting it ready for submission, somehow it is never "good enough".

2) Wait and twiddle my thumbs waiting for a decision from a publisher who requested a full of another one.

3) Do some much needed minor projects around the house.

 Last year I painted the garage, it's really pretty all white and clean, but climbing up and down a ladder, cleaning paint spatters out of my hair from painting the ceiling, and spending a week "ooching and ouching" every single time I moved, cured me of big projects.

4) Struggle to accept the fact our drought is back after such a beautifully wet spring.

Everything green and lovely is beginning to wilt. We will offically start Stage 2 drought restrictions tomorrow on my assigned watering day.

I will still visit your blogs and wish everyone success in their writing endeavors.

Have a Marvelous May!

11 comments:

  1. Great news about the requested full!! And good to revise another while you're waiting. I'm with you on minor projects, too ;)

    Have a happy May!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent a requested full to an editor back in January, I still haven't heard from her. She gave me such wonderful editing suggestions for my last book, that went to another publisher, that I'm really hoping to work with her on this next project. But she is really slow. I don'e expect to hear yea or nay from her until the end of June at the earliest.

    Good luck with your waiting. May it end soon and in your favor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea, thanks for stopping by and Happy May to you, too!

    Shellie, fingers crossed that this editor will help you whip it into shape like the other one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There comes a moment where your cup runneth over and it's a good idea to take a break from something. Hoping for well wishes with your full request and offering my understanding for the "not good enough" feeling with the MS you're about to revise...again :-)

    Enjoy your break to the utmost!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! Enjoy your time off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with everything! :) Everyone deserves a break. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy hiatus! Enjoy your writing and your small projects. And good luck on hearing from the publisher!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a productive month, Catherine! ... And a good rest. Hope you get good news. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seems like a lot of people are going on blogging hiatuses this month! Must be the spring weather, enticing them outdoors. Good luck with your editing! I think it's great that you work so hard and want to have a perfect book.

    ReplyDelete