Friday, March 23, 2012

The Harry Potter series  totally captivated me from the very beginning. I even went to midnight releases of the movies as well as the midnight release of the last novel.

When all the hoopla hit about the vampire series, I just never even considered reading it because the subject matter has never appealed to me.

Then came Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I heard the excited buzz build over the last few years, was told to read it by friends and family, read the reviews, but I  kept pushing it aside.

This week I finally paid attention to all the news stories especially the ones that compared it to the appeal of J.K. Rowlings' series. Today I ordered the Kindle edition and WOW! Just a few pages in and I'm hooked.

In one way I'm sorry I didn't read this trilogy sooner. In another way, I'm glad because I get to enjoy it now.

Am I the only one who is just getting around to reading it?

5 comments:

  1. Me! I bought the books about four weeks ago and made my son read it too. A really great read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Shellie, I'm so glad I'm in good company. I plan on spending the day curled up with it!

      Delete
  2. Ummm, no, I haven't read Hunger Games either. I'm guessing maybe I should...? Sure looks like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just found out an old friend in another town took her grandson to the movies and saw the long line, extra help to handle the ticket sales, extra concessions for the Hunger Games fans and decided she might be missing something and bought the trilogy. She only reads mysteries, never young adult,did not read Harry Potter, and told me she couldn't put it down!

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you're all reading it! I love the series. I loaned the second two books to my daughter who read them. She then loaned them to her boyfriend. He's now her ex, so I'll never see those again. I just bought the second two AGAIN, last night. My son wants to read them now. :)

    ReplyDelete