Thursday, February 16, 2012

(picture removed)
This picture was taken of one of the wildfires caused by the drought last summer. I posted it because since January I've been burning up the old keyboard.

Last year I wasn't at all like that. The drought, the heat, the economy, and the wildfires were depressing the creative juices. I was experiencing a mental drought. I found myself plodding along and not approaching my work with the excitement I used to get out of writing.

This winter we have been blessed with rain, drizzle, mist, and fog; enough to be taken off Stage 2 drought restrictions. At the same time I feel like I've been released from my own personal drought restrictions.

I'm loving writing again!


12 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're enjoying writing again! And that the conditions in your home state are so much better. That's great news:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kenda, we're hoping that things will continue to get back to normal :)

      Delete
  2. Glad you have found your creative fire again, Catherine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful. The more wet weather has acted as a sort of watering agent to your seeds of writerly flow. Glad things are flowing again :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "seeds of writerly flow" Love that, Angela!

      Delete
  4. That's wonderful! Glad your writing is going so well. Hope it keeps up! Love the picture, too. Very dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Caryn, for stopping by and commenting :)

      Delete