Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A friend of mine took this photo on a fall foliage trip to West Virginia. I looked longingly at it when she sent it because we were still in the eighties here. This morning we woke up to cool weather and blustery breezes. It's been a beautiful day! (picture removed)
The first cool weather announcing autumn as well as the first days of early spring motivate me to get busy at the computer. Having said that, I must confess that I started NaNoWriMo but stopped after about a week, cleared all the information I had uploaded, and shut it down. I found there was too much to do with serious revisions of a completed manuscript facing me. I could see right away that my heart wasn't in competing with a new project. If any of you are doing NaNo I wish you the best and hope you reach your goals.
Received my Pockets contest entry in the mail, disappointed that I didn't win or wasn't one of the ones chosen to keep, but huge congratulations to the winner: Lori Z. Scott. 
Hope your November is going well and the weather is just the way you want it!

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful view of fall foliage! There's just something about this time of the year...

    Sorry to hear about Pockets. Tweak and send it someplace else? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea, hope your weather has improved dramatically and things are almost back to normal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo! We have colors like that here, too, but not quite as many trees. I think I'd still prefer the eighties, though. I like hot weather.

    Sorry about Pockets. :( I know that feeling.... And I totally understand about NaNo. I'm really enjoying it, but I think I was a little burned out with my other project, so NaNo came at a good time. :)

    Best of luck with your revision! That sounds cool!!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss seeing fall changes where the colors are so vibrant. But I guess I can't complain because we have such nice weather during the winter here. I wish I lived in a house though, smack dab in the middle of that picture. It's so beautiful.

    I'm sure you're doing awesome with your revisions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely photo! I give you credit for knowing this years NaNo is not for you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. good luck with your revisions! I thought about NaNo as I'm writing a first draft, but decided I wouldn't be able to keep up. But I agree, the crisp weather outside always gets me in the mood for writing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful picture. Thanks so much for posting. Yeah, I couldn't do NaNo either due to revisions.

    Good luck on yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a gorgeous picture. :) I wish I had that view where I am.

    I'm not doing NaNo either. I'm working on revisions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photo :-) And good luck on your revisions. I think NaNo is a neat idea, but sometimes we just need to be realistic about where we are, and how best to use our time. I thought about doing Nano this year, but realized I wasn't ready. Maybe I'll set aside my own "month" early this next year? We'll see...

    ReplyDelete