Thursday, September 15, 2011

Irresistibly Sweet Award from Angela Brown

Just received this Irresistibly Sweet Award from Angela Brown. Thank you, Angela!

Here are the rules in accepting this blog award:
1. Thank and link to the person who nominates you
2. Share seven random facts about you
3. Pass this award to five new blogging friends
4. Contact and congratulate the awarded bloggers
1. I once bleached my own hair and it turned out chicken yellow! My mom came to my rescue.
2. Back in the really old days of my youth, I fell in love with Mighty Mouse. I wanted to grow up and marry him.
3. The first book that made me cry was Anna Sewell's Black Beauty.
4. My favorite vacation spot of all time is downtown Savannah, Georgia
5. My first car was a little, red Toyota Corolla.
6. My present car is a little, grey Pontiac Aztec.
7. I love fruit smoothies. In a personal blender each afternoon, I mix 1 tablespoon of fat free, sugar free Vanilla pudding, a handful of frozen fruit (strawberries mostly), and about a cup of fat free milk. Tastes just like a milk shake!

Awards go to:

W. B. Terrien at http://wbterrien.com
Laura L. Sullivan at http://lauralsullivan.blogspot.com
Patricia Schirra at http://patriciashirra.blogspot.com
Francesca Zappia at http://zapslobstertank.blogspot.com
Krista M. at http://thejellybeansofwriting.blogspot.com

23 comments:

  1. Thank you for the award! I am honored!

    And I thought Underdog was pretty darn cool when I was more youthful than I am today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was younger, I used to dye some of my hair blue or red or whatever bright color, but it was so dark to begin with that I had to bleach it first. It would always turn this weird orange shade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! ^_^ I love fruit smoothies, too. We used to have a smoothie shop about three minutes from my house that made the BEST. SMOOTHIES. EVER. But then they had to close, 'cause they were too expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Savannah has always been on my list of places to visit~ sounds like it's a great spot :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to marry Mr. Greenjeans from Captain Kangaroo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer, sounds like the chicken yellow :)

    Francesca, get a small blender and have it! Homemade ones are so much less expensive:)You'll love them.

    Jess, I absolutely fell in love with it and they have the best trolley tours. You hop off and go sight see and catch another one to go somewhere else at your leisure, they come around every thirty minutes.

    Andrea, Mr. Greenjeans did have that special something :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. COngratulations on the award! It's so cool that you went from a Toyota to a pontiac. :D
    And fruit smoothies are so good!
    nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're very welcome Catherine.

    I ordered that book and am keeping the kleenex at the ready. I checked out a couple of other reviews on Amazon and UMBRELLA SUMMER is looking even more like an excellent recommendation. Thanks for reviewing it on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nutshell, And as soon as I did, they quit making the Aztec! I love it so it's going to have to last while :)

    Angela, I'm so glad you are going to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved learning more about you, Catherine. I remember Mighty Mouse! I didn't cry reading Black Beauty because I never read it. I cried instead reading the Anne of Green Gables series.

    So your hair turned "chicken" yellow. I'm glad your mom rescued you.

    And what a lovely award to receive. Congratulations! You deserve it.
    Ann Best, Author of In the Mirror, A Memoir of Shattered Secrets

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the award. Now I'm in the mood for a smoothie.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ann, thank you. I never read Anne of Green Gables but loved the PBS series. I should read it!

    Madeia, thanks and go get that smoothie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the sweet awards, Cathy. It suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your award and to the newly awarded!

    Thank goodness for mothers! And a fruit smoothy sounds really good right now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your story about your hair reminded me of when my mom dyed her hair and it turned out orange--like really really orange. LOL.

    Congrats to all the winners!

    Shanan
    http://thebookaddictnet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Shanan :) What we women do to ourselves! Who rescued her? Thanks for stopping by and following!

    ReplyDelete
  17. CONGRATS on your award! Your daily fruit smoothie sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your random facts! If it makes you feel any better, I was in love with Handy Smurf as a child. :) Your smoothie/milkshake sounds divine. I might need to try that.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Catherine, I know you've just received an award, but I'd like to give you the Liebster for continuing to teach children through your writing! My first love was Superman! Here is my link: http://sherilswift.blogspot.com/2011/09/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amy, I think loving Handy Smurf is soooo darn cute!

    ReplyDelete