Wednesday, August 31, 2011

We're thinking of you


While those of us Irene hasn't affected directly continue to blog and enjoy each other online, the rest of you are in our thoughts and prayers. We can only imagine what you are facing each moment of the day, and the news coverage we get lets us know our imaginations are not far off.

How people could say the warnings were too much hype is beyond me.

A friend of mine was stuck here in Texas for a few extra days because her flight back to Massachusetts was cancelled three times. She finally got a flight to Logan and arrived  home to no electricity. She called her mom on her cell to let her know everything was fine, but no news today.

Just know that when you do get back to us, your online family thought about you every day.

10 comments:

  1. This is wonderful and touching of you to do this.

    Let me join in, sending my thoughts and prayers and wishes that things can return to something-like-normal much sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally with you Cathie, my thoughts and prayers are with those hit by Irene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree--lots of thoughts and prayers to those on the East coast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We should give extra homage to the weather satellites that made it possible to prepare for hurricane Irene.
    They'll be shut down soon, and that is something we must not accept.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for doing this, Catherine.

    I grew up in Lower Alabama and I'm very familiar with hurricanes, having lived through roughly a half-dozen or so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Catherine. I'm a fellow campaigner dropping by.

    I dreaded seeing the map of the hurricane coming towards the states north of me.

    There was no hype. Natural disasters will always affect somebody.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful tribute. God bless all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cathie, thank you so, so much. You have no idea how grateful I am for all your prayers and thoughts, and to be back with my online family. I'm in CT and it was awful. But we're safe and it's over. And the sun is shining outside. A perfect ending...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen to that! Andrea, I'm soooo happy you are back online and made it through safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Catherine (and everyone!) for your thoughts and prayers. I think life is getting back to normal for most of us who were hit by the storm, but there are certainly still those who need extra help and prayers.

    ReplyDelete