Thursday, July 14, 2011

Harry Potter, The End (sniff)


Tonight at midnight several people will be jamming the theaters to go to the last movie. This will be the first year I'm not eager to see it right away. Why? Because I'm going to miss these films. I already miss the books!

For the last several years I have looked forward eagerly for each movie and have never been disappointed. Now, when Part 2 ends...it really ends!

J.K. Rowling accomplished something that has never been seen before. I don't know if it will ever happen again, but I like to think that maybe that writing genius is studying the mobile above his crib and thinking.

8 comments:

  1. Although I love, love, love the books, I've always found the films disappointing. Well, except for the first one, really loved that one. So oddly enough, I feel compel to complete the film series, but really, because I'm usually disappointed with them, I'm actually glad to get the last one over with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you--even though the movies don't compare to the books, I'll still miss all of the HP excitement. I've been putting off re-reading the series until the last movie came out, though, so that will be something nice to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since my kids insist on having all of the DVDs, I'll get to relive the magic again and again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shellie, I'm sorry you found the movies disappointing but I feel the same about the books!

    Anna, I had to chuckle. I really enjoyed the HP hype!

    Jess, I don't have all the DVD's but have been known to watch the Harry Potter weekends on ABC Family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was watching the first movie this past weekend. They looked like babies (b/c they were, LOL).

    I'm going to see it tonight in IMAX. I'm so excited! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, that should be a real experience! I've never seen anything in IMAX and heard it is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're babysitting for friends so they can go see it tonight. I'll be interested in hearing what they think of it. :)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice of you to babysit, Amy, so they can go! What a good friend you are :)

    ReplyDelete