Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma

Just finished reading Imaginary Girls on my Kindle and I came away "haunted" by the story, by the characters, by the writing. I'm the reader who likes things real and grounded, this is not. Through most of the story I had no idea what was really going on, I'm still not sure I figured it out, but I was so enthralled in the story, I could not stop reading.

It's different, disturbing, eerie, confusing, nightmarish, surreal, gripping, and oh, so good. I'm glad I bought it.

11 comments:

  1. I've been hearing such good things about this book. I'll definitely have to check it out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cover is haunting, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna, You're welcome!

    Jess, it's a great cover that sets the mood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm reading this right now too. The writing is beautiful. I'm only on Chapter 2 but I feel this is going to be an intriguing read for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, let us know what you think or feel about it after you've finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness, what a cool review - and I'm sure the author would think so. Is it a children's bok?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, it is considered Young Adult. Thank you for stopping by and following!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really looking forward to reading Imaginary Girls -- even more so after your review!
    (I just started following you -- great blog, and I'm headed for your archives now...)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laura, thanks for coming over and following me back. Love your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always been intrigued by the cover art - will have to have a closer look at this novel.

    Wagging Tales - Blog for Writers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Charmaine, it is a really good cover! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete