Thursday, May 5, 2011

Time Flies

I pulled up my blog today and couldn't believe that I hadn't posted since April 23! Time flew by faster than I imagined, but I haven't been lazing around. I've actually been working hard on my writing and trying to avoid the dreaded Internet Distraction bug.
  • I sent out queries on one project that seems doomed to go nowhere, even though I love it.
  • I've been revising another project mentioned in my last post.
  • And I continue to work with my wonderful critique group on my present WIP.
Then yesterday morning, something exciting and unusual (at least for me) happened. I received a request for a full on a different completed project two hours after I sent the query email!  And it was the first query ever on that project!

I took a minute to grab the cat and do the happy dance. He was not amused.

It took another hour to find any last minute oopsies in it. Once I was okay with it, sort of, I hesitated, grimaced, then clicked the send button.

 I love email queries and submissions! I have my fingers crossed but I'm not unrealistic about its chances. Guess I'll be pulling up my email several times a day for the next...??

So, I have nothing earth shattering to write about, and I will now start reading much more interesting posts from all of you bloggers who know how to blog a lot better than me.

18 comments:

  1. Catherine that's FANTASTIC news!! :D The editor's ultimate decision aside, you know you've written a strong query and have a strong manuscript. Tell the cat to lighten up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea, I told him. He just flipped his tail and looked out the window! I swear he'd roll his eyes if he could.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two hours is a fabulous turnaround time. Fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Congrats on the full!! That's wonderful news. Best of luck. :)

    And good job staying away from internet distractions. It's tough to do!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Kathryn, loved the aliens on your blog today.

    Amy, it is tough to stay on task. I wish I had a separate computer for writing, way off in another room from one connected to the net.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is very exciting!! Huge congrats on the full request :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the full! And for staying off the Big Distraction for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh, Catherine - that is so awesome!! And on the first query. I'm crossing toes, fingers-- everything for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. With both of us doing that, it might work! Thanks, Kimberly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you, getting that request so fast! Fingers crossed here too.

    My current cats have no notion of how to do the happy dance with me when I need them to. It's so sad; my late, great cat was a good sport. She could do the happy dance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cats do have different personalities, don't they? Your late cat sounds terriffic :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Bess! Love your post on Ground Zero.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome!! Congratulations on your full request!! So excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy cow, congratulations! I've got my fingers crossed that a "yes" will come your way.

    ReplyDelete