Thursday, January 27, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award

I wanted to thank Cher Green right away for this Styish Blogger award I received this morning. Later I will fullfill the requirements by choosing the ten blogger recipients throughout the day. Thank you, Cher!

The rules for accepting this award are as follows:


*Thank and link to the person who awarded you this award

*Share 7 things about yourself

*Award 5 recently discovered great bloggers

*Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award

Seven things about myself:

1. As I write this I am waiting for the tree trimmers to remove two huge branches from my 100+ year old red oak. I feel bad that I am doing this, but they hang over my roof and I have to have them trimmed off the roof every year. It's getting too expensive so out they come.
2. I have a sister who is younger and a brother who is older. It's suppose to be hard being a middle child growing up, but that surprised me when I heard about it because I never knew. ( If I'd known I might have taken advantage of it with my parents-darn)
3. I'm a choco-holic, give me a bag of Hershey's kisses and I'm a gonner!
4. I'm the great-aunt of 4! They range in age from 12, 9, 2, 1 and I love them!
5. I always wanted to write but procrastinated until I retired, now I'm having the time of my life on the quest of becoming a published author of a book. The mini-successes along the way have been joyful! So, even if I don't make it, I have great satisfaction in knowing I tried.
6. I love cats and dogs, birds and fish, and grew up with several of each. At this stage in my life, I'm grateful that I have an ornery, 18 pound feral barn cat that won't let me have another pet in the house. I've tried. At first I was horrified but now I like being responsible for just one pet.
7. I envy young writers. Writers who blog, dwell in a wonderful community of support and help. Maybe if they had them back in my non-writing days I might have started sooner. Young writers today are so lucky!

I award this award to the 5 following bloggers:

Sofia Sandoval "A Girl Named Eve"  (Sofia is not recently discovered but I feel she deserves this award)
Bess Weatherby "It's the world, dear."
Clara "Pinches of Madness"
Melissa L. Gill "Melissa Getting Published"
JoLynne Lyon "Mountain Lyon"

13 comments:

  1. Agreed, I began writing seriously as 70!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the quote by George Eliot: "It's never too late to be what you might have been."

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's never too late for any of our dreams. That's what I keep feeling in these not as young as I'd hoped to have started out bones too. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think there are a lot of us out there, but, Diane you look a tad bit younger than Carole and Me:) I think you done good starting when you did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your award, Catherine. I've received this same award 3 times in as many weeks. :)

    I like hearing the tidbits about you! And I agree, those young writers have a wealth of information at their fingertips now, we should expect some best sellers at very young ages in the near future, right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right! Only I hope they leave room for us older folks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's always room for a good story. As Holly McGhee (Pippin Properties) said Monday on a WriteOnCon chat: It's all in the execution!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything I write these days is about how wonderful it is to be alive and to have the chance to become what you want. Age isn't the only determiner of that. Desire has a lot to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the award! :)

    I'm a chocoholic too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the award, and thanks for the nomination!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much Catherine! I'm so excited to spread this award, and glad that you found me and now I've found you :) I'm a middle child as well -- totally didn't take advantage of it. We could have gotten so much attention for not getting attention! Probably why we're writers now. Worth it, eh?

    Have a great day, dear

    ~ Bess

    ReplyDelete
  12. C. Lee, I agree about that desire is a must.

    Jemi, thank you!

    JoLynne and Bess, you are both welcome. Loved meeting you through your great blogs:)

    ReplyDelete