Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Hope everyone's holiday is filled with love and laughter. Be careful if you are traveling and come home safe. My turkey is defrosting in the refrigerator, shopping is all finished, and I'm beginning first revisions on my YA started this summer and completed in October.

I promise this is the last mention of my e-reader. For those of you thinking about getting one, this weekend I downloaded a set of seven Jane Austen books, and two books that I'll be using for research. One on Native Americans and one on the Puritans/Colonial Women. For nine books I paid $1.99. One research book was free. Amazon has so many free and very inexpensive books that are out of print or copyright. This Kindle will pay for itself just in the convenience of doing research. Okay, that's it, no more Kindle talk!

Have a great Thanksgiving!

8 comments:

  1. I really should look into this Kindle thing ;)

    Happy Thanksgiving, Catherine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too, definitely need to consider one. It seems it could be of great benefit.

    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Kindle is #1 on my Christmas wish list. Oh, how I want one! Have a wonderful and blessed holiday, Catherine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving to you, too! Glad you're enjoying your Kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you're having a blast with the e-reader :)

    Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for commenting, as the next post shows I no longer have a computer at home. I am glad I was able to visit some blogs last night. Hope to visit more in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear the computer crashed (we do tend to feel lost when technology fails us, don't we). However I hope this reaches you. Happy Thanksgiving from across the pond! I used to wish my Great Uncle this actually, but have not needed to for a few years now, so nice to be able to wish someone this again :)

    Hmmmm, your posts seem to be convincing me to at least look at the possibility of a Kindle...... (and I thought I would never hear myself say that!!)

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete