Monday, October 11, 2010

A Very Happy Columbus Day

My friend Jackie had lung surgery last week to remove, I'll call it debris for lack of the proper term, caused by what her doctor said was a super bug. After two more days in intensive care, her condition started improving dramatically. After a long, rough twelve days she came home from the hospital yesterday, weak but on the mend. Thank you all for the prayers and well wishes. It is one happy Columbus Day for her family and friends.


I've been enjoying looking at Fall pictures on several blogs and feeling a tiny bit envious. It will take the first frost to make our leaves change colors and that's usually around November 1. But I'm not complaining, I'm just happy the summer heat and humidity is long gone. Right now, I get up early and troop out the door because the cooler weather makes walking in the neighborhood a pleasure.

16 comments:

  1. So glad to hear Jackie is doing better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news about Jackie--thanks for letting us know...

    ReplyDelete
  3. And by "cooler weather," Catherine, you probably mean low 80s, right?

    Happy to hear your friend is recovering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased to hear your friend is recovering, and a very Happy Columbus Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Tessa, Anne, Andrea, and Carole for stopping by today :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to hear about Jackie...it's so hard when loved ones are sick, and such a relief when they get better. It's a good day to celebrate :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You'll get your fall colors. We had our first frost a few weeks ago. The trees are gorgeous right now. It's my most favorite time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear Jackie's home. Enjoy your fall walks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad to hear about your friend. I hope she continues to get better quickly. I love the picture of the pumpkins you posted, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so pleased that your friend Jackie is out of hospital and on the mend.

    Love the pumpkin picture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jess, Hannah,Kenda,Rena,Christine, and all of you above, thank you for the sweet comments, they mean a lot:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad your friend is doing better. That's never easy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Laura, it was a stressful time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the fall - the smells of the leaves are so invigorating. And it means that winter is just around the corner! Even closer in some places!! Woo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, you have a late fall! Our leaves are falling in earnest now. Good luck with NaNo! I wish I was doing it this year, but I'm hip deep in revisions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad to hear Jackie's doing better! We've got some lovely fall colors here. My family went to Florida for a week, and we came back to a red and orange and yellow world - just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete