Saturday, September 4, 2010

Two New Blogger Awards!

Amanda at Madameduck has been gracious enough to award me two blogger awards. Thank you!

The Rules for The Versatile Blogger Award:




Thank and link back to the person that gave you the award.

Share seven things about yourself.

Pass the award to fifteen bloggers that you think deserve it.

Lastly, contact all of the bloggers that you’ve picked for the award.



                                          One Lovely Blog Award Rules:



Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link.

Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you’ve newly discovered.

Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.

One thing about blog award rules, they can be modified to the individual so here are the results of my modifications:

I want to award these awards to 12 newly discovered bloggers who deserve more followers. I am so glad I found them and hope you will check them out:

  1.Jess at Falling Leaflets
  2.Shellie at Chapter Writer
  3.Kenda at Words and Such
  4.Kelly at Barwick Blog
  5.Blee  at Blee Bonn
  6.Erica at Chapter by Chapter
  7.Elissa at Elissa Cruz
  8.Christina at Christina Klizen
  9.Kathryn at Kathryn Jankowski
10.Liz at Gotta Write
11.Christine at Inwardly Digesting
12. Melissa at M.B. Writes

I can think of four things you might want to know about me:

I hate housework with a passion but give me a beautiful day in a vegetable garden and I can spend hours happily on my hands and knees weeding with my favorite garden tool--a paring knife.

When it comes to landscaping and gardening, I used to be a formal garden addict. My sister once told people that if we lived in pioneer times and were blazing a trail through a woodsy area, she would be hacking the trail and I would be behind her pruning all the bushes into popcorn balls.

I see my doctor every six months but spend the last month vigorously exercising and dieting to drop the pounds I gained the previous five months and fool him into thinking I exercised the whole time. (He pretends he doesn't know-I like that in a doctor)

In my early working years on the way to becoming a teacher I was a dental assistant, an art department secretary in a university, a kitchen supervisor in an individual residence hall of a state mental hospital, and a private secretary to a woman who quit her job and moved away owing me and others money.

Thank you, again to Amanda, for giving me these blogger awards!

25 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the Awards, and thank you so much for passing it on! I'm tickled pink, and loved getting to know more about you (a pairing knife? I never thought about that, but it totally makes sense. And darn that woman who left owing you money--I had the same thing happen to me). Happy Labor Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS~ I'll post about it on Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathy,
    Sounds like you had an interesting life so far. I feel the same about both housework and gardening. Thanks so much for nominating my blog. I love blogger, they are the nicest people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess and Shellie, you are welcome! And I agree, Shellie, I'm so glad I started blogging--bloggers are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the awards, Catherine--what fun! And I look forward to meeting the others on your list. Hmmm, seven things about myself? I'll have to think on it and get back with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Catherine! Very sweet of you indeed! I'll have to think of 15 to forward this on to. These awards are such a great way of connecting bloggers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're welcome, Melissa. It is a great way to connect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow thanks Catherine! I appreciate it! I'll have to get a list together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Catherine! This IS one lovely blog, and you are one lovely person!!

    And I WILL check out these new bloggers.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Catherine, congratulations on your two blogger awards!! :) Housework? What's that? LOL My theory on dust: it's a protective covering for the wood. Best not to disturb it too much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're welcome, Kelly.

    Ann, you are so sweet to say that!

    Andrea, I never thought of it as a protective covering. I'm going to leave that white sheen on the coffee table a little longer now:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your awards...and I like your doctor too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much Catherine! You are very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Liza, thank you! I like him, too.

    Blee, you're welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the awards. I am working on my list and passing them on!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for the award =D I'm glad you found my blog that fateful day and I look forward to getting to know you better all the time. Hope you've had a great Labor Day weekend

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL, Erica, you're welcome and it was a blessing day not fateful day;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved reading all those interesting tidbits about you, Catherine. What a WIDE and VARIED employment history you have! I'm thinking they were great places to gather book material!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Renae, they were but since I was so young, I didn't recognize it at the time. Since then I've drawn on those experiences. Thanks for stopping by;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. A belated 'thank you' for my award, Catherine. I'm just back from holiday. I enjoyed your revelations and am pleased to shake virtual (grubby) hands with a kindred vegetable grower.

    I'll get to work on my list once I have caught up on washing, chores, harvesting overgrown vegetables etc. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Christine, you're welcome. It's great to go on vacation but so much needs to be done at home when we return. Hope you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on the awards! And thanks for the new blogs to check out! I only knew one of them! Off I go!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for the recognition, Catherine, and congrats on the awards! Sorry for taking so long to get back, but I'm finally getting over major jet lag.

    ReplyDelete