Monday, July 19, 2010

A Slushpile Success Story

Over at Holly Schindler's blog there is a wonderful interview with Stephanie Blake about her success in rising to the top of the slushpile. Everyone needs to read it. Wishful thinking by every writer who sends out a submission does come true sometimes. What a nice story!

I also want to add that Stephanie worked very hard to reach this point, so this is more than just being lucky. She deserves this success. From a fellow blueboarder who is thrilled for you: Congratulations, Stephanie!

11 comments:

  1. You are so welcome! And I'm going to be one of the first to buy The Marble Queen--can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it!! Both Stephanie's slush pile story, and the Marble Queen. Can't wait to read it. :) Thanks for posting this Catherine, and letting us know about Stephanie.

    Congratulations Stephanie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview--thanks for the link! Also, I love your blog's new look--it's very crisp and attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for Steph. I was so sad when she announced on Verla's that writing was going on the back burner and she was going back to school. She's always been one of the biggest supporters of other writers, and she's earned this moment 1000 times over. I'm thrilled over this news!

    Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome, Andrea. Thank you, Ruth.
    Angela, I couldn't agree more. What a difference a few months make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when other writers spread the love like this! What an awesome group of peers I have. I marvel at this every day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes we get there by good old fashioned hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did read the interview. It was very informative. (And thank you for dropping by my blog today! I hope you're having a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for linking to the interview, Catherine!

    ReplyDelete