Sunday, August 30, 2009

Writing to Sell

I was emailing a friend of mine that I've come to the conclusion that I probably need to change genres and target group after looking at what's selling like hotcakes in the marketplace.
So I came up with a premise that will fit into the Young Adult Fantasy/Horror market.

A fifteen year old vampire-fairy morphs into the body of a human blonde cheerleader who falls in love with the to-die-for quarterback but in the process accidentally discovers he is a wizard-fairy turned into a werewolf by her own vampire-fairy godmother and only another vampire-fairy can remove the spell and save him, however, unbeknownst to her, his one mission in life is to destroy all vampire-fairies or he will become an ugly little troll as did his father and grandfather before him. Will her own guardian pixie stop her in time? Will she remove the spell and be destroyed? Or will the to-die-for quarterback choose to become a troll to finally be close to his estranged father?

Yep, this is a keeper.

3 comments:

  1. Hysterical! What a perfect premise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you'll be rich and famous as this is bound to become a miniseries starring child stars that got too old for Disney!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think so, too. Miley Cyrus is going to be playing a fairy in an upcoming Disney movie. I wonder who's playing the older parts...

    ReplyDelete